When an advisor profile is available for texting the “Text Me” icon will be green on the profile.
When the caller clicks the icon, a dialog box will open for them to confirm that they want to text with the advisor profile.
The advisor will receive a text message advising that a caller has started an SMS conversation with the profile.
You can respond to this text and the caller will receive your reply.
A few things to note when using the texting feature:
- Advisors can only initiate contact with callers via SMS if the Callers have the SMS feature turned on as available, and in their preferences, they have checked off that the Advisor can contact them first by SMS from the “Browse Callers” page.
- If the caller does not have this preference set, advisors can only send a text message if the caller sends one first.
- Your personal telephone number(s) are never seen by Callers. Your privacy is assured.
- Texting sends from a 10-digit telephone number ending in 8255. It can and will be multiple different numbers since Caller texts to Advisors must come through as a separate text.
- The number(s) which you receive are not the Caller’s numbers. The number that will also display to Callers will not be yours.
- These numbers, which all end in 8255, belong to us and do not represent any other person and/or company.